Middle Eastern lamb and cranberry pizza for one
Well this is another admin fail - I've been hoarding a recipe (since 2005....) thinking 'one day' - only for today to be that 'one day' and I realise I only have the picture, not the recipe!
Thank goodness for Taste.com!
I managed to find the recipe and very glad I did. It's by Valli LIttle and from Delicious magazine- and it is delicious! It features cranberries - which as you know aremy thing this year. With the white of the fetta, the ruby of the cranberries and the green of the coriander it looks so appealing.
The link to the original recipe is here. In addition to modifying the ingredients so that it is for one person, I made a few modifications according to taste and ingredients I had on hand. From the pictures it looks like I modified it to omit the Fetta - this is not the case - I FORGOT to put it on - sooooooo frustrating!
Ingredients - add hummus and pizza base.
I made it a bit more complicated as I decided to make my own Flat Bread and Hommous.
If you decide to buy a pizza base and buy Hommous, this recipe is a very easy week night dinner.
Even with making your own flatbread it is still quick. It is the first time I'd made flatbread and it was surprisingly easy. (I'm definitely a convert)
Cooking the flatbread - so much easier than I thought. If using a bought pizza base or flatbread - the first step is to heat it in the oven.
Now the flatbread is made (or your pizza base is warmed and ready), the lamb is cooked and the toppings are prepped, it's time to put together the pizza.
My hummus looks a little dry - and it was! The reason I am not including the recipe is that It still needs working on. I used chickpeas I cooked myself vs canned chickpeas and I think that might have altered quantities of the other ingredients. The picture represents 1 tablespoon of pine nuts - in the recipe I recommend 2. They are too yummy to just have one tablespoon!
Don't be like me - don't forget the Fetta!
Serves | one
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra to brush and drizzle
- 1 small or half a medium chopped
- 110g lamb mince
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (If you don't have Cinnamon, I think Cumin would also work well)
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries (Craisins), soaked in a little boiling water for 15 minutes
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons of coriander or flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup of hummus
- 2 tablespoons crumbled fetta
- 1 small pizza base, or flatbread (My flatbread was approx 15cm in diameter (thought it was morea rectangle than a circle. So use your judgegment as to how much you can eat!)
Refer to original instructions in Delicious magazine, now on Taste.com