Dinner for one: My menu plan for week starting 12 March
This week's menu plan is so simple it is barely a menu plan!
I'm out most nights of the week and won't be in until Thursday, so I won't shop until then and will rely on the ready made and prepped food in my fridge.
In the meantime, my fridge is very bare - the result of my ruthless clean up the previous week and being very conscientious about food waste and using up ingredients last week.
Results of the 'Audit' - What I have to work with
- 3 serves - salmon, mince & eggs
Fruit and vegetables:
- 4 serves - sweet potato & broccoli
Fillers and carbs: There is still a pretty good supply of fillers
- 6 serves of pre-cooked and frozen 'fillers' - combination cauliflower rice, lentils, barley & pasta & lots of quinoa, rice & barley in the pantry
- Cauliflower & turmeric soup, Lentil soup
Fridge & Pantry Audit
Number of Meals Needed
Calendar: 3 meals at home, including two at the weekend so I will wait until Thursday to plan out the meals.
What's motivating my meal choices this week
- continue to eat healthily
- use up remaining meals
Identify your 'Drivers'
Brainstorm meal ideas
- This week I will leave this until Thursday and see what I feel like eating for the weekend.
Make your Menu Plan
Nil. Will wait until Thursday.
This week I don't have time to do any pre-prep so I will be making the most of the pre-prep I did last week.
Recipes & Inspiration
Possible meals for using the lamb mince.
Questions and Comments
Please comment and question away!
Things I can help with include:
- brainstorming ideas for your own menu plan based on what ingredients you have to hand
- finding recipes to match the ingredients you have
- working through any troublesome parts of the menu planning process
- adapting 4 / 6 serve recipes to single serve recipes
- instructions, list of ingredients or extra pictures showing how to cook any of the above dishes
And much, much more - ask away!
Related links and extra resources